Published jointly by the World Health Organization and the Worldwide Palliative Care Alliance, the Atlas is the first document to map the need for and availability of palliative care globally.
Using maps, graphs and case studies, and drawing on a wealth of resources, the Atlas addresses the following questions:
- Why is palliative care a human rights issue?
- What are the main diseases requiring palliative care?
- What is the need for palliative care?
- What are the barriers to palliative care?
- Where is palliative care currently available?
- What are the models of palliative care worldwide?
- What resources are devoted to palliative care?
- What is the way forward?
This important document shines a light on the need for palliative care globally, and is an excellent tool to advocate for the inclusion of palliative care in the global, regional and national health agendas.
Download the atlas
Download a PDF of the Global Atlas of Palliative Care at the End of Life.
Download promotional materials
Help to raise awareness of the Atlas by downloading our pack of promotional materials, including:
- Template press release: modify for your own circumstances and forward to your media contacts.
- Flyer: ideal for distributing at conferences or inserting into mailings.
- Communications Toolkit: Includes key messaging, communications ideas and social media suggestions.
- Posters: two versions available.
- Web banner: add this banner to your own website and link it to this page.
If you would like to have the flyer or posters professionally printed, please email us
and we will send you the press ready files.